New South Wales has opened its 491 visa program for applicants living in other states.
NSW government’s Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) program has now been opened for applicants living in other states of Australia.
The largest Australian state has opened three streams for registration of interest. For the first two streams, applicants should be living in regional NSW. However, the third stream is now available for people residing anywhere in Australia.
To qualify for this stream, applicants should:
- hold a valid skills assessment for an occupation that appears on the nominated region’s occupation list
- be currently residing in an Australian state or territory
NSW nomination for the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) is now by invitation only. Below are the steps to apply for NSW nomination:
- Ensure you are eligible for the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491)
- Complete an EOI in SkillSelect
- Register your interest during a submission window
- Be invited to apply
- Apply to an RDA office where your skills are required within 14 days
Submission windows for the 2021-22 financial year are August, October, January, and March.
Invitations to apply will be issued up to seven days of a submission window closing.
See How to register your interest for the NSW nomination page for information about registering your interest.