From 1 July 2022, current and former Temporary Graduate visa holders who lost time in Australia due to COVID-19 travel restrictions may be eligible to apply for a replacement Temporary Graduate visa.
The Department of Home Affairs has said that from 1 July 2022, the candidates can apply from onshore or offshore for the Replacement Visa.
To be eligible for a replacement Temporary Graduate visa, you must:
- hold a valid Temporary Graduate visa or
- have previously held a Temporary Graduate visa that expired on or after 1 February 2020 and
- have been outside Australia at any time between 1 February 2020 and 15 December 2021.
- pay the full Visa Application Charge of AUD1,680
- provide supporting documents.
“If you are eligible, your replacement visa will allow the same length of stay as your original visa, as per the level of qualification, regardless of how long was spent in Australia on the original visa,” said DoHA.
“You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply. This includes family members that weren’t included on your original Temporary Graduate visa.”
“In normal circumstances, applicants are limited to just one Temporary Graduate visa in a lifetime, and a further visa is only available based on regional work and study.”
For more information, see the COVID-19 Temporary Graduate replacement stream.
Leave a Reply